Accounting Manager, Part Time
Blue Bell, PA US
We are hiring an Accounting Manager for a growing services firm in Montgomery County! This is a part time, permanent opportunity! If you are looking for a great opportunity with a flexible schedule, this is for you!
Candidates should have excellent QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel capabilities. Experience with General Ledgers, P&L and Quarterly and Annual Filings. Looking for someone with a reliable work ethic, positive attitude and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Candidate must possess a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Bachelor's Degree a plus. 5-7 years' experience in the industry. CPA is not required.
- Responsible for handling large weekly payroll which includes payroll setup, data entry of timecards, direct deposit/check processing, and electronically filing all government related taxes associated with payroll
- Responsible for all quarterly and annual filings at the Federal, State and Local levels
- Responsible for handling weekly billings, accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Responsible for company’s general ledger, profit/loss and financial reports via QuickBooks
- Work closely with outside accounting firm quarterly and annual tax and accounting related activities
- Work closely with other HR related day to day activities such as benefit setup, payroll garnishments, unemployment paperwork, and other HR compliance tasks
- Technical requirements: QuickBooks, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, internal payroll/billing system and proprietary CRM system (training will be provided)
Meet Your Recruiter
Manager, Marketing & Operations
I began my career at the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce and soon after became the executive director of the Greater Philadelphia Venture Group (GPVG). During my 11-year tenure there, I networked with the brightest minds and most ambitious entrepreneurs working toward the same goal — making Greater Philadelphia a hub for private equity and entrepreneurial activity to spur job growth and economic development. After the GPVG, I became the national marketing director at CBIZ MHM, LLC, a national professional services company. I focused on the national data intelligence platform which included managing the analysis of internal and external metrics through market research and industry risk assessment to identify untapped revenue opportunities as well as analyze office trends. In 2014, I joined my family in the business of making a difference in people’s lives. I was honored with two special awards in my career — the King’s College Leo Award for Outstanding Achievement in Profession and the Early Stage East, Raymond Rafferty Memorial Award.
Where did you grow up? Born in Jersey, raised in North Wales, PA
Where do you live Now? Conshohocken, PA
First job: Babysitter! I even designed business cards and handed them out to my neighbors. Entrepreneurial even as a pre-teen!
Where did you go to college? King’s College, PA. Second generation Carney to attend. I was the co-chair of the recent annual dinner that raises money for the Presidential Hope Fund which supports current King’s students in need.
If you are relaxing with a cocktail after a long day, what are you enjoying? In the winter, it’s a glass of Tempranillo. In the summer, you’ll find me with a BLL (Bud Light Lime: #PhillyPhilly)
Favorite sports team and why: As a young professional, I met Allen Iverson, Pat Croce and Scott Williams at the 1997 Chamber of Commerce Sixers tip-off luncheon. Been a fan ever since. Of course, I am also a diehard Birds Fan. #PhillySpecial
What do you like to do in your spare time? Getting out on the Schuylkill River Trail for a run or long walk. Laundry; I love doing laundry.
Favorite Quote: Don’t get caught watching the paint dry. Hoosiers is my fav.
Favorite Books: Sarah’s Key. Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption. I enjoy watching documentaries and learning about history. As the granddaughter of a WWI Army Veteran, understanding the history of our country and what we fight for has become a passion of mine.