Chicago, IL US
This position will directly manage the company's A/P and A/R functions out of the company's headquarters in Northbrook, IL.
Manages and coordinates financial, clerical, and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of all financial transactions pertaining to the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions of the company.
- Responsible for all activities in the accounts payable/receivable function
- Ensures timely payments of vendor and customer invoices and expense vouchers and maintains accurate records and control reports
- Provides direction to all AP/AR subordinates and continually monitors processes and procedures within the department
- Manages collection activities such as sending follow-up inquiries, negotiating with past due accounts, and referring accounts to collection agencies
- Plans and develops work schedules, assigns duties, and reviews work for accuracy, neatness, and conformance to policies
- Oversee month-end close activities as it relates to AR and AP
- Confers with subordinates to resolve procedural problems and tracing sources of error
- Manage cash application making certain all cash receipts are applied properly
- Oversee process of customer credit checks as well as the establishment and managing of credit limits
- Make recommendations to improve quality of AR and AP procedures
- Prepare reports as needed
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Client Relationship Manager
Michael has been with The Carney Group since 2008 and has been very influential in the firm’s continued success by managing and developing a diverse base of clients and candidates throughout the Greater Philadelphia Region. Michael also supports key firm initiatives in the areas of recruiting, marketing, events, and operations. Michael began his career at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP where he successfully helped drive the firm’s business development, marketing and branding efforts during his tenure.
Where did you grow up? North Wales, PA
Where do you live now? Phoenixville, PA
First Job: Paper boy. Had to get up very, very early to have those papers on the driveways in our neighborhood.
Where did you go to college? Penn State University
Industry specialty: Successfully staffing across most industries including healthcare, manufacturing, construction, executive, accounting, finance, HR, admin, customer service
Favorite quote: You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.
Favorite Candidate Placement: HR Director. We executed a hiring strategy that allowed the client and its management team to see an array of talent. The candidate selected received a life changing offer with tremendous growth opportunity.
What do you like to do in your spare time? Kids, Family, Sports, Friends, Lawn
Favorite sports team: Penn State
Favorite book: Band of Brothers
If you are relaxing with a cocktail after a long day, what are you enjoying? New England style IPA
Charity that matters to you: Serve on the Board of Directors for RSVP, a nonprofit that meets the needs of disadvantaged populations in our local community through volunteerism.