Assistant Director of Nursing
Ardmore, PA US
We are hiring an Assistant Director of Nursing for a faith based retirement home on the Main Line.
This role has significant growth potential as it will transition into the Director of Nursing in the near term.
RN is required as this role will oversee the medical care for the residents.
This is a direct hire, onsite. Generous Salary plus full benefits.
Candidates should embody the spirit and the mission of the organization.
· Helps supervise the administrative functions, clinical, directing, training and providing direct quality resident care.
· Experience working in geriatric care a plus.
· 7+ years experience in long term care required.
· · Liaison to other nursing shifts
· · Provides daily direction to staff regarding care to be provided
· · Completes daily assignment schedules and monthly work schedules
· · Completes orientation of new personnel
· · Assures proper Infection Control techniques are being followed
· · Assists in development and implementation of new nursing programs
· · Makes daily environmental rounds to assure living areas are clean and tidy
· · Works with Human Resources on issues related to staffing, training, coaching, counseling, and discipline.
· · Proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook; skilled in Excel and Power Point.
· · Familiarity with HRIS and Time & Attendance software.
· · Excellent writing skills; highly effective oral communicator; able to document appropriately and thoroughly.
· · While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, sit; speak; hear; use hands to handle objects. The employee may be required to bend, stoop, twist and/or lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
· COVID-19 Vaccination is required.
Meet Your Recruiter
Manager, Marketing & Operations
I began my career at the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce and soon after became the executive director of the Greater Philadelphia Venture Group (GPVG). During my 11-year tenure there, I networked with the brightest minds and most ambitious entrepreneurs working toward the same goal — making Greater Philadelphia a hub for private equity and entrepreneurial activity to spur job growth and economic development. After the GPVG, I became the national marketing director at CBIZ MHM, LLC, a national professional services company. I focused on the national data intelligence platform which included managing the analysis of internal and external metrics through market research and industry risk assessment to identify untapped revenue opportunities as well as analyze office trends. In 2014, I joined my family in the business of making a difference in people’s lives. I was honored with two special awards in my career — the King’s College Leo Award for Outstanding Achievement in Profession and the Early Stage East, Raymond Rafferty Memorial Award.
Where did you grow up? Born in Jersey, raised in North Wales, PA
Where do you live Now? Conshohocken, PA
First job: Babysitter! I even designed business cards and handed them out to my neighbors. Entrepreneurial even as a pre-teen!
Where did you go to college? King’s College, PA. Second generation Carney to attend. I was the co-chair of the recent annual dinner that raises money for the Presidential Hope Fund which supports current King’s students in need.
If you are relaxing with a cocktail after a long day, what are you enjoying? In the winter, it’s a glass of Tempranillo. In the summer, you’ll find me with a BLL (Bud Light Lime: #PhillyPhilly)
Favorite sports team and why: As a young professional, I met Allen Iverson, Pat Croce and Scott Williams at the 1997 Chamber of Commerce Sixers tip-off luncheon. Been a fan ever since. Of course, I am also a diehard Birds Fan. #PhillySpecial
What do you like to do in your spare time? Getting out on the Schuylkill River Trail for a run or long walk. Laundry; I love doing laundry.
Favorite Quote: Don’t get caught watching the paint dry. Hoosiers is my fav.
Favorite Books: Sarah’s Key. Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption. I enjoy watching documentaries and learning about history. As the granddaughter of a WWI Army Veteran, understanding the history of our country and what we fight for has become a passion of mine.