Assistant Property Manager
Philadelphia, PA 19103
We are hiring an Assistant Property Manager for a residential property management company in Philadelphia! This role will oversee multiple properties and the maintenance requirements of these residential buildings.
- Responsible for the physical management of the properties including regular maintenance, emergency repairs, maintenance scheduling, price negotiations with vendors and contractors, and quickly resolving emergency maintenance issues.
- Manage maintenance requests, complaints, and delegation of emergency calls.
- Supervision of move ins and unit inspections
- Responsible for regular preventative maintenance. Maintaining current tenant satisfaction and compliance with rental property laws and housing standards.
- Vendor and technician management.
- Strong knowledge of statewide and national laws regarding the proper ways to comply with property safety and standards, health and safety practices, and lead-free management.
- Maintain thorough records including work orders/maintenance requests, timesheet, expenses, inspections repairs, PHA inspections, complaints
- Hiring maintenance staff and management of all HR functions for the department. Monitoring and tying back timesheets to work orders. Submitting payroll to accounting for processing on a biweekly basis.
- Oversee work order management through our property management system.
- Provide leasing and accounting departments with updates on a regular basis.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 5+ years of property management/ maintenance supervisory experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
Manager, Marketing & Operations
I began my career at the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce and soon after became the executive director of the Greater Philadelphia Venture Group (GPVG). During my 11-year tenure there, I networked with the brightest minds and most ambitious entrepreneurs working toward the same goal — making Greater Philadelphia a hub for private equity and entrepreneurial activity to spur job growth and economic development. After the GPVG, I became the national marketing director at CBIZ MHM, LLC, a national professional services company. I focused on the national data intelligence platform which included managing the analysis of internal and external metrics through market research and industry risk assessment to identify untapped revenue opportunities as well as analyze office trends. In 2014, I joined my family in the business of making a difference in people’s lives. I was honored with two special awards in my career — the King’s College Leo Award for Outstanding Achievement in Profession and the Early Stage East, Raymond Rafferty Memorial Award
Where did you grow up? Born in Jersey, raised in North Wales, PA
Where do you live Now? Conshohocken, PA
First job: I even designed business cards and handed them out to my neighbors. Entrepreneurial even as a pre-teen!
Where did you go to college? King’s College, PA. Second generation Carney to attend. I am the co-chair of the annual dinner that raises money for the Presidential Hope Fund which supports current King’s students in need.
Favorite Quote: Don’t get caught watching the paint dry.
What do you like to do in your spare time? Finding a new city to explore. Sitting on my porch with a glass of wine after a long day. And laundry; I love doing laundry.
Favorite sports team and why: As a young professional, I met Allen Iverson, Pat Croce and Scott Williams at the 1997 Chamber of Commerce Sixers tip-off luncheon. Been a fan ever since. of course, I am also a diehard Birds Fan. #PhillySpecial
Favorite Books: Sarah’s Key. Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption. I enjoy watching documentaries and learning about history. As the granddaughter of a WWI Army Veteran, understanding the history of our country and what we fight for has become a passion of mine.
If you are relaxing with a cocktail after a long day, what are you enjoying? In the winter, it’s a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon. In the summer, you’ll find me with a BLL (Bud Light Lime: #PhillyPhilly)