Philadelphia , PA US
We are hiring a Building Engineer in Philadelphia. Candidates must be EPA and HVAC Certified. This role is responsible for providing facilities and property maintenance to properties. This position involves the coordination, management and physical activity associated with the operation and maintenance of various building systems and building maintenance initiatives. 5 years of experience building maintenance experience.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Oversees building maintenance projects.
• Oversees and monitors the operation and makes adjustments of all mechanical systems including but not limited to refrigeration, heat exchangers, HVAC, electrical, emergency backup systems and hot water systems.
• Monitors operation and adjusts, and maintains refrigeration, chilled water, and air conditioning equipment, boilers, and ventilating and hot water heaters, pumps, valves, piping, and filters, other mechanical and electrical equipment, record readings and makes adjustments where necessary to assure proper operation of equipment.
• Analyzes the operation of various systems, determines the cause of any problems/ malfunctions and takes corrective action as required.
• Performs preventative maintenance on all base building and critical system equipment, which includes but not limited to, assembling all tools, supplies and instruments necessary to complete the job, performs work with a minimum amount of disruption, conducts immediate clean-up of work area, completes the preventative task sheet, returns tools to workshop and unused supplies to store room, reports any impending supply or material shortages and any equipment problems.
• Installs and repairs plumbing, piping, tubing, wire singles and three phase motors, run conduit, pull wiring to machinery, motors, operating parts, etc.
• Installs and rebuilds pumps and motors, installs and rebuilds air compressors and heat exchangers, replaces seals on pumps, installs and repairs piping, valves, filters, hot water systems, and associated controls.
• Installs, repairs, and maintains electrical controls, switching and motor controls.
• Assists other engineers with repairs and maintenance of buildings and equipment.
• Maintains building grounds and tenant suites, which may include tasks such as painting, changing light bulbs, replacing blinds and trash removal.
• Coordinate building systems with construction projects (i.e. put fire panel on test, dumpster locations, building access, etc.)
• Communicates with management, tenant service coordinator, and tenants regarding status of projects and ensures appropriate paperwork is completed.
• Purchases appropriate supplies for projects.
• Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls, texts and emails as needed.
Meet Your Recruiter
Manager, Marketing & Operations
I began my career at the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce and soon after became the executive director of the Greater Philadelphia Venture Group (GPVG). During my 11-year tenure there, I networked with the brightest minds and most ambitious entrepreneurs working toward the same goal — making Greater Philadelphia a hub for private equity and entrepreneurial activity to spur job growth and economic development. After the GPVG, I became the national marketing director at CBIZ MHM, LLC, a national professional services company. I focused on the national data intelligence platform which included managing the analysis of internal and external metrics through market research and industry risk assessment to identify untapped revenue opportunities as well as analyze office trends. In 2014, I joined my family in the business of making a difference in people’s lives. I was honored with two special awards in my career — the King’s College Leo Award for Outstanding Achievement in Profession and the Early Stage East, Raymond Rafferty Memorial Award.
Where did you grow up? Born in Jersey, raised in North Wales, PA
Where do you live Now? Conshohocken, PA
First job: Babysitter! I even designed business cards and handed them out to my neighbors. Entrepreneurial even as a pre-teen!
Where did you go to college? King’s College, PA. Second generation Carney to attend. I was the co-chair of the recent annual dinner that raises money for the Presidential Hope Fund which supports current King’s students in need.
If you are relaxing with a cocktail after a long day, what are you enjoying? In the winter, it’s a glass of Tempranillo. In the summer, you’ll find me with a BLL (Bud Light Lime: #PhillyPhilly)
Favorite sports team and why: As a young professional, I met Allen Iverson, Pat Croce and Scott Williams at the 1997 Chamber of Commerce Sixers tip-off luncheon. Been a fan ever since. Of course, I am also a diehard Birds Fan. #PhillySpecial
What do you like to do in your spare time? Getting out on the Schuylkill River Trail for a run or long walk. Laundry; I love doing laundry.
Favorite Quote: Don’t get caught watching the paint dry. Hoosiers is my fav.
Favorite Books: Sarah’s Key. Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption. I enjoy watching documentaries and learning about history. As the granddaughter of a WWI Army Veteran, understanding the history of our country and what we fight for has become a passion of mine.