Chief Building Engineer
Philadelphia , PA US
We are hiring a Chief Engineer for a beautiful and busy residential high rise apartment building near Center City, Philadelphia. Manage a team of 6-7 engineers. Generous salary plus full benefits. Philadelphia Class A Engineer and HVAC certified strongly preferred.
The schedule of the position is full time (40 hours a week) and will require to be available for emergencies and occasional night and weekend work due to special projects. This an exempt (salaried) position.
- Performs daily routine maintenance of the building using their maintenance staff in a leadership role. Monitors all systems of the building and performs repairs needed.
- Develops and adheres to the preventative maintenance program for the community.
- Advises GM when outside vendors are needed and participates in their selection and hiring. Supervises all building repairs done by outside vendors, reporting to the GM satisfactory/unsatisfactory completion.
- Plan and prepare projects to be completed in house. Works with GM on preparing and updating action plans and weekly progress reports of all ongoing projects.
- Maintain an operating environment to achieve a satisfactory level of resident service as measured by formal and informal feedback and surveys.
- Adhere to all human resource policies and practices regarding hiring in conjunction with GM, evaluating employees, and disciplinary actions.
- Creates a maintenance report, which depicts an update on the actual condition of the property, progress of specific projects, and makes clear and recommendations.
- Observes all safety standards and participates in the Company's efforts to provide a safe work environment.
- Keeps up to date equipment maintenance logs and inventory.
- Understands and uses computer systems with email systems, spreadsheets and on-line ordering and maintenance reporting tools.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Communicate clearly and efficiently to all public officials (police, fire, federal agents), residents/contractors/vendors
Required Education and Experience
- Philadelphia Class A Engineer License or equivalent.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as a maintenance employee in a supervisory role in high rise buildings or hotel operations.
- Must have strong working knowledge of basic trades, such as, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC, and painting standard principles and practices.
- Ability to analyze and interpret technical aspects, pumps, and motors, mechanical systems with a similar degree of complexity.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 7 years
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Philadelphia, PA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Residential Building Engineer: 7 years (Preferred)
- HVAC: 5 years (Preferred)
- Residential Building Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- Philadelphia Class A Engineers License (Required)
Meet Your Recruiter
Client Relations, Operations & Marketing
I began my career at the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce and soon after became the executive director of the Greater Philadelphia Venture Group (GPVG). During my 11-year tenure there, I networked with the brightest minds and most ambitious entrepreneurs working toward the same goal — making Greater Philadelphia a hub for private equity and entrepreneurial activity to spur job growth and economic development. After the GPVG, I became the national marketing director at CBIZ MHM, LLC, a national professional services company. I focused on the national data intelligence platform which included managing the analysis of internal and external metrics through market research and industry risk assessment to identify untapped revenue opportunities as well as analyze office trends. In 2014, I joined my family in the business of making a difference in people’s lives. I was honored with two special awards in my career — the King’s College Leo Award for Outstanding Achievement in Profession and the Early Stage East, Raymond Rafferty Memorial Award.
Where did you grow up? Born in Jersey, raised in North Wales, PA
Where do you live Now? Conshohocken, PA
First job: Babysitter! I even designed business cards and handed them out to my neighbors. Entrepreneurial even as a pre-teen!
Where did you go to college? King’s College, PA. Second generation Carney to attend. I was the co-chair of the recent annual dinner that raises money for the Presidential Hope Fund which supports current King’s students in need.
If you are relaxing with a cocktail after a long day, what are you enjoying? In the winter, it’s a glass of Tempranillo. In the summer, you’ll find me with a BLL (Bud Light Lime: #PhillyPhilly)
Favorite sports team and why: As a young professional, I met Allen Iverson, Pat Croce and Scott Williams at the 1997 Chamber of Commerce Sixers tip-off luncheon. Been a fan ever since. Of course, I am also a diehard Birds Fan. #PhillySpecial
What do you like to do in your spare time? Getting out on the Schuylkill River Trail for a run or long walk. Laundry; I love doing laundry.
Favorite Quote: Don’t get caught watching the paint dry. Hoosiers is my fav.
Favorite Books: Sarah’s Key. Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption. I enjoy watching documentaries and learning about history. As the granddaughter of a WWI Army Veteran, understanding the history of our country and what we fight for has become a passion of mine.