Bensalem, PA US
The Controller will be responsible for the general ledger, closing the books, financial reporting for sales force and manufacturing, participating in financial forecasting and budgeting, and special projects as assigned. This position will report to the General Manager and CFO.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure financial accounting methods and procedures are performed
- Proactively analyze, prepare, and distribute monthly reports and financial statements
- Prepare and submit the monthly group reporting package for the parent company
- Serve as the contact person for external auditors, etc.
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of general ledger information and chart of accounts
- Ensure accurate product costing and adequate product pricing
- Maintain accounts payable and accounts receivable in a timely manner
- Process accurate customer invoicing; approve all customer credit memos prior to processing
- Share concerns for variances with leadership in a timely manner
- Provide financial analyses as needed for capital investments, pricing, and contract negotiations
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Manufacturing and inventory cost accounting experience
- Follow fiscal guidelines, regulations, principles, and standards when committing fiscal resources or processing financial transactions
- CPA preferred but not required
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Client Relationship Manager
Michael has been with The Carney Group since 2008 and has been very influential in the firm’s continued success by managing and developing a diverse base of clients and candidates throughout the Greater Philadelphia Region. Michael also supports key firm initiatives in the areas of recruiting, marketing, events, and operations. Michael began his career at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP where he successfully helped drive the firm’s business development, marketing and branding efforts during his tenure.
Where did you grow up? North Wales, PA
Where do you live now? Phoenixville, PA
First Job: Paper boy. Had to get up very, very early to have those papers on the driveways in our neighborhood.
Where did you go to college? Penn State University
Industry specialty: Successfully staffing across most industries including healthcare, manufacturing, construction, executive, accounting, finance, HR, admin, customer service
Favorite quote: You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.
Favorite Candidate Placement: HR Director. We executed a hiring strategy that allowed the client and its management team to see an array of talent. The candidate selected received a life changing offer with tremendous growth opportunity.
What do you like to do in your spare time? Kids, Family, Sports, Friends, Lawn
Favorite sports team: Penn State
Favorite book: Band of Brothers
If you are relaxing with a cocktail after a long day, what are you enjoying? New England style IPA
Charity that matters to you: Serve on the Board of Directors for RSVP, a nonprofit that meets the needs of disadvantaged populations in our local community through volunteerism.