Philadelphia , PA US
Brand new opportunity for a Corporate Controller for a well-known business in Philadelphia. We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit and drive who will be hands on with the business. This role will lead a financial team, oversee financial management, reporting and oversight, provide strategic planning and guidance on the business, solve complex business issues and participate in the growth strategic of the business.
- CPA Preferred.
- 15+ years' in a Controller or senior level accounting/finance role at a company.
- Experience with turnarounds strongly preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepare financial reporting, balance sheet, income statement, cash flows, cost center expenditures and other reporting and Key Performance Indicator Scorecards
- Analyze financial data and provide insights and recommendations. Review financial packets with senior management and business unit operation management teams each period.
- Guide financial decision by developing and monitoring policies and procedures.
- Evaluating and enhancing financial controls and tax return treatment/procedures
- Analyzing and interpreting balance sheets, income statements, cash flow and liabilities
- Perform financial risk assessments, as well as facilitate intervention strategies.
- Prepare annual budgets, rolling forecasts, and financial results reporting including key insights reporting.
- Monitor closing process, billing, invoicing, expenses, and payroll administration. Perform closing procedures, review journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Maximize returns on excess cash balances and improve cash conversion cycle, closing and reporting cycles.
- Provide leadership and training to financial accounting staff.
- Document processes and ensure compliance with financial management and accounting regulations and ensure controls are working properly.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA and or master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years’ experience as in a financial management capacity
- Expertise in financial management and accounting software (NetSuite, Oracle, Excel)
- Excellent leadership, communication, and collaboration skills
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $165,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Client Relationship Manager
Michael has been with The Carney Group since 2008 and has been very influential in the firm’s continued success by managing and developing a diverse base of clients and candidates throughout the Greater Philadelphia Region. Michael also supports key firm initiatives in the areas of recruiting, marketing, events, and operations. Michael began his career at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP where he successfully helped drive the firm’s business development, marketing and branding efforts during his tenure.
Where did you grow up? North Wales, PA
Where do you live now? Phoenixville, PA
First Job: Paper boy. Had to get up very, very early to have those papers on the driveways in our neighborhood.
Where did you go to college? Penn State University
Industry specialty: Successfully staffing across most industries including healthcare, manufacturing, construction, executive, accounting, finance, HR, admin, customer service
Favorite quote: You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.
Favorite Candidate Placement: HR Director. We executed a hiring strategy that allowed the client and its management team to see an array of talent. The candidate selected received a life changing offer with tremendous growth opportunity.
What do you like to do in your spare time? Kids, Family, Sports, Friends, Lawn
Favorite sports team: Penn State
Favorite book: Band of Brothers
If you are relaxing with a cocktail after a long day, what are you enjoying? New England style IPA
Charity that matters to you: Serve on the Board of Directors for RSVP, a nonprofit that meets the needs of disadvantaged populations in our local community through volunteerism.