Director of Nursing
Bryn Mawr, PA US
We are hiring a Director of Nursing for a faith based retirement home on the Main Line.
RN is required as this role will oversee the medical care for the residents.
This is a direct hire, onsite. Generous Salary plus full benefits.
Candidates should embody the spirit and the mission of the organization.
· Helps supervise the administrative functions, clinical, directing, training and providing direct quality resident care.
· Experience working in geriatric care a plus.
· 7+ years experience in long term care required.
· · Liaison to other nursing shifts
· · Provides daily direction to staff regarding care to be provided
· · Completes daily assignment schedules and monthly work schedules
· · Completes orientation of new personnel
· · Assures proper Infection Control techniques are being followed
· · Assists in development and implementation of new nursing programs
· · Makes daily environmental rounds to assure living areas are clean and tidy
· · Works with Human Resources on issues related to staffing, training, coaching, counseling, and discipline.
· · Proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook; skilled in Excel and Power Point.
· · Familiarity with HRIS and Time & Attendance software.
· · Excellent writing skills; highly effective oral communicator; able to document appropriately and thoroughly.
· · While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, sit; speak; hear; use hands to handle objects. The employee may be required to bend, stoop, twist and/or lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
· COVID-19 Vaccination is required.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Client Relationship Manager
Michael has been with The Carney Group since 2008 and has been very influential in the firm’s continued success by managing and developing a diverse base of clients and candidates throughout the Greater Philadelphia Region. Michael also supports key firm initiatives in the areas of recruiting, marketing, events, and operations. Michael began his career at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP where he successfully helped drive the firm’s business development, marketing and branding efforts during his tenure.
Where did you grow up? North Wales, PA
Where do you live now? Phoenixville, PA
First Job: Paper boy. Had to get up very, very early to have those papers on the driveways in our neighborhood.
Where did you go to college? Penn State University
Industry specialty: Successfully staffing across most industries including healthcare, manufacturing, construction, executive, accounting, finance, HR, admin, customer service
Favorite quote: You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.
Favorite Candidate Placement: HR Director. We executed a hiring strategy that allowed the client and its management team to see an array of talent. The candidate selected received a life changing offer with tremendous growth opportunity.
What do you like to do in your spare time? Kids, Family, Sports, Friends, Lawn
Favorite sports team: Penn State
Favorite book: Band of Brothers
If you are relaxing with a cocktail after a long day, what are you enjoying? New England style IPA
Charity that matters to you: Serve on the Board of Directors for RSVP, a nonprofit that meets the needs of disadvantaged populations in our local community through volunteerism.