Full Stack Software Engineer
Full Stack Software Engineer: Full-Time-Philadelphia Suburbs
*Local candidates only
As a member of a fast growing team, within a growing area of the business, this role presents exciting opportunities for career progression. Working with an enormous breadth of data, you will be able to design and develop data science applications on the latest big data platforms. As a member of the team of data science software engineers and data scientists you will have the opportunity and support to develop truly innovative solutions in support of the business.
Involved in every stage of the product development lifecycle, you will work with data scientists to turn working prototypes into well-abstracted reusable modules, build software to expose data science to business users through responsive UIs, and support a culture of continuous improvement. As an expert software developer, you will provide hands-on technical leadership, including application architecture, release responsibilities, code / quality reviews, and engineering best practices.
- Collaborating with business owners, subject matter experts, and go to market teams to develop data science applications and services to support CRO business, including optimizing design and execution of clinical trials, and improving risk management.
- Collaborating on multiple projects from concept to completion.
- Designing and developing micro services to enable integration with legacy applications.
- Writing automated tests to verify the application/service functionality.
- Documenting the application design and architecture.
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of professional programming experience in a high level language like Python, Java, Scala
- 3+ years of relevant collaborative software development experience.
- Extensive experience with dynamic scripting languages such as Python and R.
- Extensive experience work in Hadoop eco system like YARN, Hive, Impala, Map Reduce,
- Experience working with large volumes of complex data, preferably in distributed frameworks such as Spark, SparkR and PySpark.
- Experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
- Experience with web application development using Flask, Django or other web framework and experience with newer JS frameworks (Angular, React, etc.)
- Strong Functional and Object Oriented development background
- Experience working in a collaborative agile environment
- Local language skills, to an advanced level (spoken and written), with complete fluency in English.