Plymouth Meeting, PA
Brand New! We are hiring a Director of Human Resources for a wonderful Non Profit in Plymouth Meeting! Great Team of People. Competitive compensation package. Local Candidates only please!
The Director of Human Resources is an expert in non-profit sector human resources and an integral member of the executive management team, providing advice to the organization in the allocation and utilization of human capital to deliver outstanding service to our community. The Director plans and administers the activities of the Human Resources Department which includes responsibility for recruitment and retention, employee compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, discipline, training and employee development, and risk management activities including managing the Workers Compensation program.
- Responsible for the development of and administration of all Human Resources policies and practices based upon current laws and regulations.
- Serves as strategic resource to CEO and leadership ensuring HR policies, practices, and programs are aligned to meet business unit goals.
- Responsible for the following employee activities: hiring, employee relations, disciplinary actions, grievances, complaints/investigations and terminations, management of Workers Compensation and Unemployment activities. Serves as liaison between staff and management as necessary. Implements the most effective sourcing methods, ensures job descriptions are updated. Develops, evaluates, and monitors employee orientation program and onboarding process.
- Conducts an overall assessment of talent identifying employee development needs, and developing training programs/initiatives to support organizational needs. Works with Directors in assessing individual developmental needs.
- Responsible for overseeing the administration of all employee compensation and benefit plans; annually reviews benefit plans and makes recommendations to the President & CEO for changes.
- Remains knowledgeable on current changes within the laws and regulations that pertain to the Human Resources including but not limited to: ADA, FMLA, COBRA, administration of benefit and retirement plans, laws related to benefit plans, recruitment & hiring, and disciplinary action and termination.
- Manages HR teams in both PA and NJ.
- Ability to develop HR strategy and vision to support business strategies and goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others at all levels within the organization, across different cultures and socio-economic backgrounds.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, or related field from an accredited college or university is required; a Master’s Degree or PhD is preferred.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of progressive experience in managing the Human Resources functions is required, preferably in Non Profit sector
- Active certification as PHR or SPHR, and SHRM Membership preferred