Medical Care Coordinator
Philadelphia , PA US
We are hiring a Medical Care Coordinator for a well-respected medical practice in Philadelphia
Full time, Day Shift, Onsite. Experience with pre-certification of MRI and CT scans a must. Salary plus generous benefits package.
This role will provide patient support to the providers as well as promote a positive patient experience by providing efficient care and testing, including coordination of benefits with the insurers.
· Conduct intake screen of patients' new symptoms and accurately and concisely present them to the providers in a timely manner
· Get insurance pre-certification for patients' radiology procedures (e.g., MRI, CT, etc.)
· Assist patient make appointments for radiologic testing at various hospitals and imaging centers
· Retrieve reports for laboratory testing, and be especially cognizant of specific lab test results that have not been received
· Mail/fax correspondence to doctor offices and hospitals
· Correspond with outside consultants with regards to patient surgeries and follow up visits
· Experience with pre-certification of MRI and CT scans
· EHR experience (NextGen experience a plus)
· Proficient computer skills
· Able to multi-task
· Medical Assistant or Med technician certification preferred.
Meet Your Recruiter
Manager, Marketing & Operations
I began my career at the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce and soon after became the executive director of the Greater Philadelphia Venture Group (GPVG). During my 11-year tenure there, I networked with the brightest minds and most ambitious entrepreneurs working toward the same goal — making Greater Philadelphia a hub for private equity and entrepreneurial activity to spur job growth and economic development. After the GPVG, I became the national marketing director at CBIZ MHM, LLC, a national professional services company. I focused on the national data intelligence platform which included managing the analysis of internal and external metrics through market research and industry risk assessment to identify untapped revenue opportunities as well as analyze office trends. In 2014, I joined my family in the business of making a difference in people’s lives. I was honored with two special awards in my career — the King’s College Leo Award for Outstanding Achievement in Profession and the Early Stage East, Raymond Rafferty Memorial Award.
Where did you grow up? Born in Jersey, raised in North Wales, PA
Where do you live Now? Conshohocken, PA
First job: Babysitter! I even designed business cards and handed them out to my neighbors. Entrepreneurial even as a pre-teen!
Where did you go to college? King’s College, PA. Second generation Carney to attend. I was the co-chair of the recent annual dinner that raises money for the Presidential Hope Fund which supports current King’s students in need.
If you are relaxing with a cocktail after a long day, what are you enjoying? In the winter, it’s a glass of Tempranillo. In the summer, you’ll find me with a BLL (Bud Light Lime: #PhillyPhilly)
Favorite sports team and why: As a young professional, I met Allen Iverson, Pat Croce and Scott Williams at the 1997 Chamber of Commerce Sixers tip-off luncheon. Been a fan ever since. Of course, I am also a diehard Birds Fan. #PhillySpecial
What do you like to do in your spare time? Getting out on the Schuylkill River Trail for a run or long walk. Laundry; I love doing laundry.
Favorite Quote: Don’t get caught watching the paint dry. Hoosiers is my fav.
Favorite Books: Sarah’s Key. Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption. I enjoy watching documentaries and learning about history. As the granddaughter of a WWI Army Veteran, understanding the history of our country and what we fight for has become a passion of mine.