Outside Sales Manager
Plymouth Meeting, PA US
We are hiring an Outside Sales Manager to join an entrepreneurial minded company poised for significant growth. Experience in the retail, luxury store space or in liquor sales required.
We are looking for a hunter and a farmer. This role will be responsible for achieving the sales targets, new item distribution targets, sales and trade promotion budgets, forecasting targets, expense management, and brand revenue and penetration growth in all market channels. This includes all customer communication, forecasting and accountability for volume, profit and in-store conditions. The commission structure for this position is uncapped.
This role is in the retail space, so candidates must come with relationships to stores, boutiques, big box, etc. Bachelor's Degree preferred, but not required. Experience in the luxury store space, or in liquor sales a plus.
- Sales: Identify and obtain new potential accounts through virtual and face-to-face contact as well as planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on potential or existing customers, service existing accounts, obtain orders, and work to maximize representation with existing partners.
- E-Commerce: Master the use of the ecommerce sales partner portals and company website.
- Cold Calling: Forage and prospect within existing market spaces for new and potential customers. Expand the reach of the company by exploring new and untouched markets to achieve sales goals.
- Trade Show Representation: Travel to and lead participation in fast-paced live sales at industry trade shows and conferences.
- Profitability Maintenance: Works with management to assure sales efforts align with profitability targets and company business plan.
- Soup-to-Nuts Follow-through: Assure that the quality of the customer journey is well attended from the beginning of the sales funnel through order placement, all the way to payment remittance and reorder.
- Reporting: Keeps and maintains sales CRM for all sales funnel activity. Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, generated through digital CRM.
- Budgets: Maintain sales budgets on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly basis..
Meet Your Recruiter
Manager, Marketing & Operations
I began my career at the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce and soon after became the executive director of the Greater Philadelphia Venture Group (GPVG). During my 11-year tenure there, I networked with the brightest minds and most ambitious entrepreneurs working toward the same goal — making Greater Philadelphia a hub for private equity and entrepreneurial activity to spur job growth and economic development. After the GPVG, I became the national marketing director at CBIZ MHM, LLC, a national professional services company. I focused on the national data intelligence platform which included managing the analysis of internal and external metrics through market research and industry risk assessment to identify untapped revenue opportunities as well as analyze office trends. In 2014, I joined my family in the business of making a difference in people’s lives. I was honored with two special awards in my career — the King’s College Leo Award for Outstanding Achievement in Profession and the Early Stage East, Raymond Rafferty Memorial Award.
Where did you grow up? Born in Jersey, raised in North Wales, PA
Where do you live Now? Conshohocken, PA
First job: Babysitter! I even designed business cards and handed them out to my neighbors. Entrepreneurial even as a pre-teen!
Where did you go to college? King’s College, PA. Second generation Carney to attend. I was the co-chair of the recent annual dinner that raises money for the Presidential Hope Fund which supports current King’s students in need.
If you are relaxing with a cocktail after a long day, what are you enjoying? In the winter, it’s a glass of Tempranillo. In the summer, you’ll find me with a BLL (Bud Light Lime: #PhillyPhilly)
Favorite sports team and why: As a young professional, I met Allen Iverson, Pat Croce and Scott Williams at the 1997 Chamber of Commerce Sixers tip-off luncheon. Been a fan ever since. Of course, I am also a diehard Birds Fan. #PhillySpecial
What do you like to do in your spare time? Getting out on the Schuylkill River Trail for a run or long walk. Laundry; I love doing laundry.
Favorite Quote: Don’t get caught watching the paint dry. Hoosiers is my fav.
Favorite Books: Sarah’s Key. Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption. I enjoy watching documentaries and learning about history. As the granddaughter of a WWI Army Veteran, understanding the history of our country and what we fight for has become a passion of mine.