Williamsport, PA US
We are hiring a Senior Accountant for a multi-site, manufacturing company. This position will be a business partner with plant and financial management to effectively manage and control financial aspects of manufacturing operations. The successful candidate will be accountable such tasks as Account Payable, Accounts Receivable, Collections and some General Accounting. This individual will also work on the close process with our corporate financial/accounting teams. A thoughtful, persevering, self-disciplined approach to achieving accurate, detailed work is essential. A key aspect of this job includes the ongoing identification of problems and the development of sound, carefully thought-out solutions. The candidate will be expected to deliver high quality, accurate results, while efficiently maintaining and enhancing existing organizational systems and standards.
- Implement financial policies/procedures. Analyze/review and develop internal controls that are consistent with Corporate policies to ensure financial reporting is correct.
- Manage the month-end closing activities, including variance analysis and monthly reconciliation of plant balances.
- Responsible for all activities in accounts payable/receivable.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual reports.
- Work with Corporate Accounting personnel to streamline the month-end, yearly close procedures, and budgeting process.
- Manages collection activities such as sending follow-up inquiries, negotiating with past due accounts, and referring accounts to collection agencies.
- Help develop and report on key performance metrics.
- Participate in internal and external audits by providing required financial information and explaining processes, procedures, and data. Follow up and implement any changes to enhance internal controls.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implement a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Assist Corporate HR with various tasks as liaison to local employees.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- B.S. in Accounting/Finance
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Accounting in a manufacturing environment, including accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Knowledge of general ledger systems, financial chart of accounts, and corporate procedures.
Meet Your Recruiter
Client Relations, Sales & Finance
Michael has been with The Carney Group since 2008 and has been very influential in the firm’s continued success by managing and developing a diverse base of clients and candidates throughout the Greater Philadelphia Region. Michael also supports key firm initiatives in the areas of recruiting, marketing, events, and operations. Michael began his career at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP where he successfully helped drive the firm’s business development, marketing and branding efforts during his tenure.
Where did you grow up? North Wales, PA
Where do you live now? Phoenixville, PA
First Job: Paper boy. Had to get up very, very early to have those papers on the driveways in our neighborhood.
Where did you go to college? Penn State University
Industry specialty: Successfully staffing across most industries including healthcare, manufacturing, construction, executive, accounting, finance, HR, admin, customer service
Favorite quote: You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.
Favorite Candidate Placement: HR Director. We executed a hiring strategy that allowed the client and its management team to see an array of talent. The candidate selected received a life changing offer with tremendous growth opportunity.
What do you like to do in your spare time? Kids, Family, Sports, Friends, Lawn
Favorite sports team: Penn State
Favorite book: Band of Brothers
If you are relaxing with a cocktail after a long day, what are you enjoying? New England style IPA
Charity that matters to you: Serve on the Board of Directors for RSVP, a nonprofit that meets the needs of disadvantaged populations in our local community through volunteerism.