Union Benefits Specialist
Blue Bell, PA US
- Responsible for administering and advising on a variety of employee benefits programs, from 401k plans to group health, prescription drug, behavioral health, dental, childcare, education, disability, wellness and other plans.
- Responsible for data management and analysis related to all plans and associated carriers.
- Lead annual health benefits open enrollment by executing the overall project plan.
- Participate in identifying systems requirements, set-up, testing and implementation with technology provider and benefit carriers.
- Partner with internal departments and external vendors/consultants to:
Review and analyze cost, utilization and demographic data
- Revise benefit specifications, summary plan descriptions, summaries of material modification and other benefit communication tools for distribution to participants and stakeholders
- Update benefit documentation as needed to ensure benefit plan system and documentation integrity and accuracy
- Investigate new benefits, benefit delivery models and services based on emerging market trends and best practices.
- Access and generate reports from insurance carrier data base
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Client Relationship Manager
Michael has been with The Carney Group since 2008 and has been very influential in the firm’s continued success by managing and developing a diverse base of clients and candidates throughout the Greater Philadelphia Region. Michael also supports key firm initiatives in the areas of recruiting, marketing, events, and operations. Michael began his career at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP where he successfully helped drive the firm’s business development, marketing and branding efforts during his tenure.
Where did you grow up? North Wales, PA
Where do you live now? Phoenixville, PA
First Job: Paper boy. Had to get up very, very early to have those papers on the driveways in our neighborhood.
Where did you go to college? Penn State University
Industry specialty: Successfully staffing across most industries including healthcare, manufacturing, construction, executive, accounting, finance, HR, admin, customer service
Favorite quote: You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.
Favorite Candidate Placement: HR Director. We executed a hiring strategy that allowed the client and its management team to see an array of talent. The candidate selected received a life changing offer with tremendous growth opportunity.
What do you like to do in your spare time? Kids, Family, Sports, Friends, Lawn
Favorite sports team: Penn State
Favorite book: Band of Brothers
If you are relaxing with a cocktail after a long day, what are you enjoying? New England style IPA
Charity that matters to you: Serve on the Board of Directors for RSVP, a nonprofit that meets the needs of disadvantaged populations in our local community through volunteerism.